Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2.

DSC_4535 
 Meet Y2K, or "bug" for short. He is twelve going on thirteen and loves bananas (even though they give him the shits). My little guy is an Inland Bearded Dragon, Pogona vitticeps. We have been friends for a very long time. 

At the end of the week we're wheels up, moving from coastal Santa Cruz down to LA. The warmer weather will do us both some good. I've been thinking about this move for a while,but setting the plan in motion was risky. After college, I had a good job in research, a handful of quality friends, and my independence.

Quitting my job, selling everything, moving in with dad- it sounded like a lot of work to be another college grad living at home. And besides, I had a good thing going didn't I? But I was coasting.

Time to ditch the security of a paycheck.

Time to start what's next. 

Grad School. Research. Ichthyology. 

No comments :

Post a Comment