Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer Updates


A tidbit of exciting news (ahem, impending shameless plug):

Hawkmoth now has a bookish, research-minded little sister! Meet ReefsRising, my brand-spankin'-new blog, hosted by SciLogs on the Nature network.

Hawkmoth will continue on as a personal site, whereas RR will stick to strict reporting on tropical marine science. SciLogs hosts blogs on everything from South-Eastern European research to marketing to neuroscience– so check it out as a broad source for science news.

90% of life in #marine #science looks like this. Check out @eastofthewoods for the other 10%. Marine biology doesn't exist kiddos- but ichthyology, ecology, and systematics do...

While I'm at it, here are a few more cool things on the mind lately:

1. Usefulscience– Single sentence summaries of new research on everything from creativity to fitness to parenting. Edify yourself in 5 seconds or less.

2. It's national moth week! Time to celebrate those winged nocturnal beauties. Click here for the official US website of moth-related happenings. Think naturalist-led night hikes, and bright lights projected on white sheets.
 I've got two more BIG projects in the wings, but I'll hold my tongue at the moment. Expect more exciting news in T-minus 2 weeks (?)

No comments :

Post a Comment